Well, today Chris and I met with our Pastor to discuss ministry work....It started out kind of tense with us airing our concerns and trying to reconcile our expectations.  However, it ended up better with us letting him know we are available to be there to help and we want him to try to find a place where he thinks we could fit in the missions plan (even if different than we had imagined) that he will formulate for the church.

I have learned a LOT about myself recently and a LOT about others.  I have also learned a lot about how churches "work" and I will be honest in saying that I am pretty disheartened with how "people" and "processes" oftentimes stop great things from getting accomplished for God's Kingdom.  I pray that the Lord will remove the road blocks if this is His will...but I do believe people can get in the way....He will work things for good in the end.....

I have realized that I think smaller churches oftentimes can accomplish more since there may be less red tape to go through and less people to manage.  Chris and I are realizing that our vision for how church "should be" is different than our church's view point and most churches in this area for that matter.

On a good note, my mom gave me a shirt last night to see if I would like it and if it fit.  I DO and it DOES!!!!

2 Responses
  1. Ansley Says:

    i LOVE your shirt and this pic!! so beautiful! : )


  2. You are so sweet Ansley!!!