Well, I am heading back to see Dr. Rheudasil at 2:30 today down at the St. Jo's office.  I have been taping the incision closed because I do not like the wound being open with gauze on it...After one day of having tape on it, it already looks like it is closed a little more...I may get in trouble with the doctor though...It still leaked out yesterday and over night...I am laying down until I go and resting just like I did yesterday, trying not to sit on it.

Back with more info. about what the doctor says...

Alrighty, I am back from the Doctor's office...At first I just saw the PA Nancy, but then Dr. Rheudasil came in and looked at me.  That is the first time I had seen him since the surgery!  He said he was even thinking of me this morning!  I said he must  have known something was up!  lol

Basically, I have to pack the incision with gauze so it soaks up the fluid and so it doesn't close up from the top but fills in from the bottom...Nancy gave the analogy of a "bog"....I didn't really even know what a "bog" was...it is a pond that can form a top coat of sludge across the top even 4-5 feet thick.  She proceeded to tell me she went on a field trip growing up to see a "quaking bog"...I told her I didn't know what that was.  She said it is when there is a bog that does have a thick top and when you walk across it is moves a little...that is the "quaking"!  Anyway, she said she didn't want my incision to be like a bog forming a pocket inside to breed infection and resulting in an absess.  It will take several weeks to heal...he said I could exercise at my discretion knowing that it is good to exercise but if I do it will cause more fluid to leak.  It will also take it longer to heal...

Here is a picture of St. Jo's ER where I went on Saturday and the Doctor's Office sign for where I went today...

0 Responses