After I dropped the boys off at Josh's house to head on to his Easter Egg Hunt, Alyssa and I were heading out to rent some movies, get nails done, go to DOTS to exchange a dress and for her to use her $15 from Aunt Laura's family for her B'day.  I was going to go to the AT&T store to have them hook up my memory card for my phone then we were going to head to IKEA to browse around.  I wanted to get an idea how much things cost and what the selection is for the things we want to take to Venezuela this summer.  So, Alyssa and I headed to Publix to go to the Blockbouster Express to rent some movies.  Then we headed to Nail Dynasty.  Alyssa didn't want her nails done so just I had my toenails painted....no spa or anything...just the paint job.

Well, when I went to stand up after the lady put my flip flops on I felt my pants leg was wet and there was bloody fluid gushing to the floor down my leg!!!!!!!!!  I didn't feel anything on my leg and I was truly in shock.  I turned around to look at my seat and it was wet too...Needless to say people were asking what happened...did I spill my drink?!  I said, no, it was ME!  So, I dripped my way to the bathroom in shock wanting to figure out what was the deal and how I was going to get out of this mess!

I realized my incision had opened up an inch and was like a gaping hole!  I cleaned up and walked out and people were staring at me asking me if I was okay...I knew they were wondering what the deal was so I told them an incision had opened up and apologized to the workers for making a mess!

I called my doctor's office and Dr. Clarke was on call (I didn't know him...)  He said go to the ER and have them call him after they see my leg...the PA went to call the doctor and the nurse taped me up...well, long story short...the PA came back and re-bandaged me NOT taping the wound shut but covering it with gauze first...they put steri strips on the rest of the incision since they are concerned it may come undone as well...The PA said the interior stitches are starting to dissolve and that along with the fluid in there and where the incision it caused it to open up....I have to go see Dr. Rheudasil on Monday or Tuesday!  I am to take it easy!  So, movie-time for me!
0 Responses