Well, in January our family joined the YMCA in our neighborhood. It has been great...I have even had Alyssa going a good bit until we got out of the habit a couple of weeks ago of going at night....I sometimes use the recumbent bike or the weight machines but my new FAVORITE thing to do is ZUMBA! This week I went Monday night (ran into Kelley Janzen from church and invited her to join me since she was there to work out anyway...she LOVED IT!), Tuesday morning, Thursday at 9:40 for the regular class then 10:45 for the Zumba gold where it is more for toning (use weights), AND today I went at 12:00!!! I "snuck" this picture to show that I was, indeed, there and that this is my perspective...I am always in the back on the left....lol...

For those of you who don't know what Zumba is...it is a "hot, latin-inspired, aerobic dance workout that combines salsa, reggaeton, meringue, tango, flamenco, calypso, hip hop, samba and belly dancing"!!!

When we lived in Caracas, I never learned how to salsa...I did the meringue and tried to dance...NOW I can join them! Funny it took me going to the "Y" to learn!
0 Responses