I went on Monday for my Post-Op and met with the PA that was in my surgery.  She said things looked good.  She took the surgical tape off that had been on for a week and a half.  She said it was normal for there to be a thickening of the skin underneath the incision and it will eventually thin out in time and that it will take many months to get healed.  I was feeling good and decided to go to Zumba that night...I even had my biker shorts on thinking that would be good for it to not be rubbed, etc...Well, I was just DUMB...the next day several steri-strips started coming off where the legs rub together.  Also, I thought I was sweating back there like I used to and wasn't paying much attention...I realized I was leaking out fluid...I did most of the day...I had Chris look at it that night and he said the incision was opened about a quarter of an inch!  I was a little disturbed by this and kept gauze on it since then.  I didn't happen anymore after Tuesday but I have taken it easy.  I tried to find steri-strips at the store...nada...no chance...It was itching a lot today and I was worried I might not have the incision healing correctly...(I had placed medical tape on one area with the gauze so it wouldn't pull apart!)  I went to Dr. Orris today to have him look at it.  He said it may have been good in the end that the fluid that was still in there that didn't drain, found its way out....He said it is a little infected so he didn't want to put more steri-strips on it.  They just put Neosporin on it and gauze and wrapped it around my leg.  I am thankful it is healing properly and that the Lord allowed the Dr. Rheudasil to do such a great job!!!.  I am doing great compared to what I thought I would be doing!  (Obviously, or I wouldn't have gone to Zumba PRE-maturely!!!)

On a different note, today I am wearing my new favorite shirt!  I have always wanted a shirt with a Cross on it.  I found one for a good price at my new favorite store DOTS!

Today I also went back to Nancy to get highlights/ lowlights!  I really like them...I wish they would have been a little more defined but like all the different colors in there.  It is easier to notice them in person rather than on this picture!
0 Responses