Today I had to get Alyssa out of school early again to go take care of the rest of the Passport process for the kids...Yesterday I got Jonah and Noah out of school at 2:00 and Alyssa at 2:15 and headed to the Passports & Visas place...on the way I realized after Noah mentioned the word Birth Certificate that I needed to go back and get Jonah's since I forgot it.  So, Chris called to verify I couldn't email it...I went home and got it and we made it to the place.  When I got there I found out that even though Alyssa and Noah have expired passports we STILL need to bring Birth Certificates!  It is like getting a whole new passport!  I was so frustrated   We went ahead and processed Jonah's passport.  We took all of the kids' pictures and she let me type up and print the applications there since the ones I printed out and filled out wouldn't work!  The process has changed for getting passports for minors so now you have to go to the Fulton County Superior Court with the child and make an oath, etc. and THEN you have to go BACK to the Passports & Visas place to deliver the package for them to turn in.  So, yesterday, we did that for Jonah to get it over with for him.  I wasn't sure if I was going to let Jonah go to school and then take Noah and Alyssa first thing in the morning or what....But, I decided today to let Noah and Jonah get home for a bit and then we got Alyssa out at 3:30 and headed down with Alyssa's and Noah's Birth Certificates to the Passports & Visas place YET AGAIN!  At least I had all that paperwork done and checks written.  I just had to add the B.C.s to the pile and they packaged them up for the Superior Court to go over there and do all that again...Chris wasn't here this time and had signed a special authorization yesterday so he wouldn't have to be there today....Then we went back and turned it in and headed home!  I am SOOOOO glad that is over!
0 Responses